Monday 16 September 2013

Things to do in and around Edinburgh with kids

So just when I think school is back and my five year old is under the careful watch of his lovely teacher I am faced with another local holiday Monday in Edinburgh that has crept up far too quickly. With my husband at work and a 10 month old to entertain, my mind is racing with how to keep two active boys busy without tearing my hair out. 

The solution to my problem....Mini Miners Soft Play at the Scottish Mining Museum! A fairly new soft play with mining theme activities and just £2 an hour (free for those aged 1 and under) I think I have discovered a great little gem. The website says suitable for babies up to children aged 8, but being on the smallish side, I would say it's more for babies, toddlers and children aged around 5. 

My baby enjoyed the ball pit and the soft building blocks so that was him sorted. My five year old had a great time bouncing on the giant balls and climbing ropes. However, the big bonus was the free interactive mining room which my elder son loved. Packed with information about coal mining there's also heaps of things to touch and feel, like an energy bike and bridge building blocks. 

The down side, well there was none really. The parking was great and the toilets were super clean. The cafe is next door, so if you are on your own it's a bit tricky to get a coffee, however you can bring in drinks and snacks from the cafe if you wish, or there are some snacks available in the soft play itself.

So next time you're stuck for something to do I can recommend the Mini Miners Soft Play in Newtongrange for something a bit different and also educational. 

Until next time,

Kellie

Member of the EFUF committee
Mum of two boys who loves coffee and chocolate


No comments:

Post a Comment